Achievements

September 8, 1991 - Beauport

On it's fifth annual gathering, the Association, accompanied with the mayor of Beauport, Mr. Jacques Langlois, revealed a memorial to the memory of their ancestor, Guillaume Pelletier. More than 500 Pelletier celebrated the 350e anniversary of his arrival in New-France.

 

The ceremonies of the official inauguration of the commemorative memorial were done near the Tessier-Laplante House in Courville (2328 Ave Royale, Beauport, Qc), N46 53.098, W71 09.478, that is to say it's the place where Guillaume Pelletier, his wife Michele Mabille and their son Jean were established in 1641. Conceded by the first lord of Beauport, Robert Giffard, the ancestral land of the Pelletier had a width of 6 arpents facing the St. Lawrence river and extended in-depth to the Montmagny river. An interesting fact to underline, today you'll find two churches on the land, that of Saint-Louis de Courville and Saint-Grégoire de Montmorency.

The province of Quebec toponymy commision, responsible for the management of the place names, agreed to the request of association officialize the toponym "Brésolettes" which will indicate this site henceforth.

This new denomination will point out the birthplace of Guillaume Pelletier. According to the writer Robert Prévost, Bresolettes was the  smallest of the communes of the old county of the Perche and the father of Guillaume, Éloi, had established residence there to exert the trade of coalman.

 October 23, 1998 - St-Roch-des-Aulnaies.

It is interesting to mention that the beautiful stone which is used as support to the commemorative plaque comes from the farm "Beaux-Prés" of St-Roch-des-Aulnaies, which belongs to Real and Placide Pelletier. It thus comes from the ground having belonged to the ancestor Jean.

That day, the president of the Pelletier family Association Inc, Denis Pelletier, accompanied by about thirty guests, revealed a memorial to the establishment of the ancestor Jean Pelletier to the "Grande-Anse", and more precisely in St-Roch-des-Aulnaies.

The plaque was fixed on a stone monument which the Association had set up on August 7, 1998, prior to its 12th annual rallying, on the site of the seigneurial manor and of its communal mill. The commemorative stele was installed beside the one which was set up in the honor of Pierre St-Pierre, the other pioneer of St-Roch-des-Aulnaies..

In his speech, the president recalled that not only Jean Pelletier and Pierre St-Pierre had been, in 1679, the only two pioneers of St-Roch-des-Aulnaies, but also that the Pelletier and St-Pierre families were the only ones to live there for about fifteen years. This is why no other monument will be set up on the site of the domain.

2000, Rivière-Ouelle

The monument set up in memory of Jean Pelletier and Anne Langlois, in the cemetery of Rivirè-Ouelle, was installed at the entry in a location especially arranged "to remember our ancestral families".

Jean and Anne Langlois were buried in this cemetary.

Jean Pelletier
1627 - 1698

Anne Langlois
1637 - 1704

© Association des Familles Pelletier Inc.  2015